Welcome

Hi there, Welcome to my life and faith written down for you to read through. Please comment with your encouragements, challenges or requests for something else

Monday 4 June 2012

Walk on By


I wrote this back in 2006, whilst I was in Vancouver Canada. I had just walked through the downtown area of the City and had seen so much need, but at the same time so much help and support was available to people.

If I fell in the road today
Would you notice and come my way?
If I was beaten and bruised
Would you come to cleanse my wounds?

If I was lost and astray
Would you leave the many to find the few?
If I was cold and hungry
Would you feed and clothe me?

If I was suffering injustice
Would you stand up for the truth?
If I needed a place to lay my head
Would you give me a bed?

If I was struggling along
Would you stop and offer a hand?
If I looked sad and dismayed
Would you care to say a prayer?

If I needed a friend
Would you come alongside?
If I needed prayer and support
Would you take the time to care?

If I needed a shoulder to cry on
Would you stay there for long?
If I needed to let my anger out
Would you take it and still care?

If I was alone in a room
Would you come over to me?
If I called you in the night
Would you come out to help?

Or Would you walk on by
As you hurry along

Would you sit in church and pray
For ways to help others each day?
Would you stare down your nose
Or turn the other way?

Would you pretend you didn’t see
as you ignore their needs?
Would you ignore the encounter as a fluke
Or see it as an opportunity to share my love?

Do you walk around in a dream
Blind to what I can see?
Do you not see the world in pain
As each goes their own way?

They follow their desires and thoughts
Not knowing where they will lead
They are slaves to sin
Although they think they are free

I sent my son to you
He died on a cross for all
His blood has made you new
If that is what you choose

I leave you my church to care
For all those that you see
I will return one day
For all the world to see

Untill then I need a people that know
The way through for all to find me
For whatever you do to the least
You are doing it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment