Welcome

Hi there, Welcome to my life and faith written down for you to read through. Please comment with your encouragements, challenges or requests for something else

Sunday 17 June 2012

Darkness

For all those people that need encouraging to keep going, to persevere through the bad or dark times, Keep going.

Darkness
As I walk this road, a long and windy road
Darkness sets in and the light diminishes
Like a candle being extinguished
or a torch slowly fading as the darkness overwhelms it
Fear plays on my mind as my eyes see things in the shadows
My mind casts back to why I started this journey
And the fears disappear
Things seemed so right back there
In the light, but now doubt plagues me

Did I do the right thing?
Was this really want God intended for me?
I must keep walking this road
Confusion sets in, I lose my bearings
Which way have I come?
What challenges am I yet to face
I cling onto the vision that sets me on this road

No one else is on the road
No guidance, no comfort
Just loneliness in the darkness
Faith tells me God is with me
On this road, that pushes me forward
Into the blackness
I know God is there,
but he remains silent in my prayers

We walk on together, in silence but persistent
One day this darkness will vanish
The light will penetrate and chase the darkness away
Like walking out or a dark tunnel into the blinding light
That day, that hope keeps me going
Encourages me to push through the darkness along this road
However long it may be I will keep going
I won’t quit, I just want to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment